Uploading a picture to your dating profile is one of the best things you can do to improve your chances of dating success.
Potential partners are much more likely to be interested to get to know you if they can see what you look like.
We have found that those with pictures on their profiles experience an increased dating success level of up to 300%, which is not to be sniffed at!
You also need to have a photo uploaded to take advantage of our ‘Newest Member’, ‘Get to Know’ and ‘Online Now’ features to promote yourself and your dating profile.
This section explains all you need to know about putting a photo on your dating profile.
Our picture moderators operate to a very strict standard when approving photos.
The rules are as follows:
- It must be a picture of you. Pictures of celebrities, models, cartoon characters etc will not be approved.
- No nudity or topless pics (men and women). No-one wants to see THAT before they�ve seen your face! (Ok, maybe some oddballs do, but we’re not allowed to show it anyway). Restrictions imposed by some of our partner companies also prevent us from showing topless pictures of men (it�s a legal thing). Pictures displaying genitals, nipples or bare bottoms will not be approved. Bikini shots are usually ok.
- No text or added graphics, just the photo un-doctored please. No group shots. It’s hard to tell which one is you and we have no way of verifying whether the other person’s/people’s image/s are being used with their permission.
- The picture must be a clear face shot; this means that we must be able to recognize you in the picture. Blurred and distant pictures or photos with most or all of the face obscured will not be approved.
From the member’s home page click the ‘My Profile’ button and go to the pictures section. Click on the 'browse' button to find where the photograph is stored (usually in the 'My Pictures' folder). Once you have selected your photo, some text should appear in the text box; This text shows the location of the picture you are uploading from your computer. Then press 'Go' to proceed.
Please note that to successfully upload your picture to await approval you need to ensure that the photograph is in one of the following formats: JPG, GIF, BMP, TIF or PNG. If your photo is in another format then open up the picture with an editing software such as 'Microsoft Paint'. Under 'file', click 'save as'. When the 'save as' box appears, click on the 'save as type' button and save the photo as a jpeg or gif file.
Your photo also needs to be under 1 megabyte in size and for this you can also use ‘Paint’. Simply select the 'stretch/skew' option under 'Image' and resize it there by minimising the percentages. Check that the photo is under 1 mb by right-clicking on the saved file and looking under 'properties'.
Sure. Please email your picture to .
Yes you can. We will scan and upload your picture for you free of charge.
If you wish to send a picture to us please make sure you write your registered email address on a covering letter so we can match up the picture to your membership record.
WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UPLOAD YOUR PICTURE FOR YOU.
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEND BACK PICTURES UNLESS YOU INCLUDE A STAMPED SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE.
Send pictures to:
Free Date Hookup Photos
PO Box 62637
Yes, it is now possible to upload pictures via your mobile:
- Take a picture of yourself / open a picture of yourself on your phone
- Select the "send option" in the phone’s menu
- The phone might ask you if you would like to resize the image before sending it, select "YES"
- Now, when you see the image on the screen, type the word "GIRLS" into the message body of the MMS
- Then click on SEND
- Send the MMS to "07753717777"
- The image will upload
- Now sit back and wait for the moderators to double check it and you’re off!
- You can view the image on the website by clicking on your profile
When you upload a photo it can take up to 48 hours to be moderated and approved.
During this time it will show up on your My Profile page but will not be visible to matches or show up in searches.
If your picture appeared on My Profile and then disappeared it’s because it was refused by our picture moderators. See above for a list of reasons why this might have happened.
If you can’t see your picture on your ‘My Profile’ page then you didn’t upload it successfully, either because the file size was too big or the picture was an incompatible format.
You can have up to ten photos on your dating profile.
For security reasons and virus prevention we do not allow members to send attachments such as pictures with their messages.
It is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to attach a picture to your dating profile but remember, you are much more likely to get a date if you do.
To delete a photo permanently click on the white X to the right of the picture.
Please note that, if you do this, you will have to resubmit your photo for moderation if you change your mind at a later date.
To the right of each photo you’ll see a pair of white arrows pointing up and down.
To change the sort order of your photos click on these arrows to move them up or down.
Why do you think that?... A negative attitude will get you nowhere!
Seriously, if we’ve learnt one thing running a dating site it’s that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you think you’re not good looking doesn’t mean that anyone else will, not everyone is looking for Brad Pitt or Shilpa Shetty, in fact most people prefer to date a real person and may even feel intimidated by someone with film star looks.
You really have nothing to gain by hiding your face from potential partners.
Our strict moderation code is a fairly recent development, we used to be a lot more relaxed about the picture content we allowed, but as the site grew bigger we had to be stricter.
When we brought in the new moderation code we decided that it would be unfair to delete all the pictures we had already approved, so we left them uploaded.
This does mean that you will still occasionally come across an older dating profile with a picture that would not be allowed at the present date.
Eventually these pictures will fall out of use so please be patient if you see them, however please do let us know if you see any picture content that is pornographic or offensive in any other way.
If your question wasn't answered or if you have any comments regarding the operation of the site, ideas for improvement, criticisms and so on, please contact us HERE.