One to one chat is a great way to get to know a match better before you decide whether to start dating for real.
You can communicate instantly and securely with any singles that happen to be online at the same time as you.
You can only chat to members that are online at the same time as you.
When you search our singles database, you will see that some of your resulting matches have a yellow box beneath their profile photo which contains the words ‘Online now - Click here to chat’.
Clicking on this will open a popup window containing our chat software.
You must turn off your pop-up blocker if you wish to use chat.
Firstly, check that ALL of your popup blockers are disabled.
Many security packages such as Norton or McAfee and toolbar add-ons like the Google or Yahoo! toolbars include popup blockers, so even if you’ve turned your main one off you may have others that you don’t know about still running.
Most popup blockers give you the option to allow certain sites to use pop-ups; you should either add https://hookupdatefree.com to your allowed list or disable your popup blocker when using the site.
You should also make sure that you have the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player installed. You can get this from here
Datingforparents does not use pop-ups for advertising or for any purpose other than chat.
Your match may also have popup blockers running which prevent your message from getting through.
If you cannot get a response via chat we suggest that you send a message to the match.
It might also be a good idea to tell them about this help section, where they can find out about popup blockers.
Unfortunately we cannot advise you on how to use your own software. There are many, many different packages available and they all work slightly differently.
If you are having trouble with a specific program, we suggest that you refer to the help files that come with the software or consult a computer expert.
Here are instructions for the most commonly used software:
- Go to the "Tools" toolbar menu and select "Options...".
- When the "Options" window opens, click on the "Web features" icon in the left-hand panel.
- Uncheck the box next to "Block Popup Windows". Then, click the "OK" button to exit the "Options" window.
- Alternatively, you can leave the "Block Popup Windows" box checked and click on the "Allowed Sites" button to the right of it. In the "Allowed Sites" window that opens, type "www.(sitename).com" in the text field beneath "Address of the web site". Click the "Allow" button to the right of the text field and then click "OK" to confirm the addition.
Microsoft Windows XP SP2
When you install the Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Pop-up Blocker is automatically turned on in Internet Explorer and set to the medium setting, which means that it will block most automatic pop-ups. To allow Pop-ups from (sitename):
- Launch an Internet Explorer browser window.
- In the "Tools" toolbar menu, point to "Pop-up Blocker", and then click "Pop-up Blocker Settings".
- Type "www.(sitename).com" in the "Address of Web site to allow" box, and then click "Add". Click the "Close" button to exit.
- Open the "Edit" toolbar menu ("Mozilla" menu on Mac OS X) and choose the "Preferences" option.
- On the right-hand column, under the "Privacy & Security Preferences" category, click on the "Popup Windows" topic. (If no sub-categories are visible, double-click on the title "Privacy & Security" to expand the list.)
- You can either de-select the box next to "Block unrequested popup windows" to completely disable the pop-up blocking software, or add (sitename) to a list of allowed sites. To do this, click on the "Allowed Sites..." button, type "www.(sitename).com" into the text field, and then click the "Add" button to the right. Click "OK" to confirm the addition.
- An alternative method of doing this is to browse to the (sitename) website (https://www.(sitename).com), and then click on the "Tools" toolbar menu. Choose "Popup Manager" and then select the "Allow Popus From This Site" option.
Popup Manager (for Internet Explorer)
- Launch a new Internet Explorer browser window and navigate to https://www.(sitename).com
- Right-click with your mouse on the small color-coded area in the bottom left corner of your browser window. A red or green bar will appear called a "widget".
- In the resulting drop-down menu, select the option to "Allow Popups from www.(sitename).com".
Note: In order to enable popups on an individual basis, press the "Ctrl" key while clicking on whatever is initiating the desired popup window.
If you have Pop-Up Stopper, an icon will appear in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
- To disable the blocker, right-click on the Pop-Up Stopper software icon.
- Un-check the checkbox next to "Enable pop-up blocking".
- You can re-enable the software when you are done using our site.
Starware Toolbar (for Internet Explorer)
- To allow popups from (sitename), launch a new Internet Explorer browser window and navigate to www.(sitename).com. Once you are on the (sitename) home page, click on the Popup Blocker button in the Starware Toolbar . Once you do, the toolbar button will change to indicate that popups will now be allowed from our site.
- To completely disable the popup blocker, click on the arrow next to the Starware logo on the left-hand end of the toolbar. This will display the main menu; select the "Preferences..." option from the resulting drop-down list. In the message window that appears, uncheck the box to "Enable Popup Blocker". Click "OK" to close the window.
- To let a pop-up through on a one-time basis, press and hold the "Ctrl-" (or ) key as you click on a link to navigate to a new page.
- The pop-up blocker can also remember certain sites and allow them to launch pop-up windows. To add our site to your list of permitted sites, click on the pop-up blocker button after clicking the launch chat button. The pop-up blocker button will appear as
- To completely disable the pop-up blocker, click the "Options" button in the Google toolbar and clear the checkbox next to "Popup Blocker" in the Accessories section.
- Click "Settings" on the AOL toolbar.
- Click "Pop-Ups" in the "Essentials" tab.
- In the "Web Pop-Ups" tab of the "Pop-Up Control Settings" window, select "Allow Web pop-ups from these sites" from the available options.
- Enter "www.(sitename).com" and click "Add". Click "Save".
If Pop-Up Blocker is blocking, there are three ways to override it:
- Turn off Pop-Up Blocker by clicking the Pop-Up Blocker menu and un-checking "Enable Pop-Up Blocker".
- Press and hold the "Ctrl" (or ) key while clicking a link to override Pop-Up Blocker and allow any pop-up windows resulting from the click.
- Add the source of the pop-up window to your "Allowed List" by clicking the Pop-Up Blocker menu and selecting "Always Allow Pop-Ups From...". Then select "(sitename)" from the "Sources of Recently Blocked Pop-Ups" list and click "Allow".
If you think it’s serious enough to warrant further action from us, tell us about it using our feedback service.
Tell us the screenname of the sender and copy/paste any offending material from the chat into the feedback (please note that we cannot review your chat history as this is not saved and we cannot take any action without evidence of offensive behaviour).
If it’s not immediately obvious why the message is offensive, you might also like to tell us a little bit about why you thought so.
If your question wasn't answered or if you have any comments regarding the operation of the site, ideas for improvement, criticisms and so on, please contact us HERE.